Sometimes, you just want a quick list of ways to make grant seeking easier.
Here you are, five ways to make your grant search easier.
- Get on the grants list of your local government. Most departments have grants lists that they send to people who subscribe. Contact your government and get on those lists
- Get on the grants list of the federal government, especially if you already have your DUNS number, SAM.gov, and Grants.gov
- Set Google alerts for grants that you'd like to have be sent to you. There are great operators that can help make your search even easier. Remember, about 90% of foundations don't have websites, so you'll still be missing out on opportunities if you rely exclusively on Google
- Get to know your local community foundation. Many have free grants list information or funder information that can help you.
- Check out your local library, many of them have access to resources that can help you with finding a grant that meets your needs. Some librarians will even do searches for you, if you tell them what you're looking for.
These are high-level tips to make your search easier. We go into more details in our grants prep classes and on our email list. Make sure you join today!