We're hiring for a Full-Time Communications Director, Remote
We are a company focused on helping underfunded communities get the resources they need to thrive. While we serve many communities, our specialty is in the unique cultural and capacity expertise found in Black communities.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced, and organized Communications Director who can handle manage and execute on all things Communications (e.g., email, social media, SMS, press).
Does this sound like you?
- You support organizations like Black Girls In Media, or local chapters of the National Association of Black Journalists: NABJ
- You know your worth even though others have overlooked or underestimated you in the past.
- You have a proven track record of being proactive, detail-orientated, and collaborative.
- You thrive best in a dynamic and supportive environment.
- You are a team player, and don't like being micromanaged.
- You want to give back to community while still being able to do what you need to take care of yourself, too.
- Regardless of your own racial background, you believe in the importance of supporting people who have been harmed by racism and can articulate why aloud and in writing.
- You are interested in leveraging your communications expertise towards getting funding into communities.
- You're willing to learn how to apply the funding skills we have in our free and/or paid training.
- You have substantive experience managing campaigns and initiatives with earned media, social media, and collateral elements
- You have managed projects before and can manage your own time as well as work collaboratively to manage other people's time
- You prefer non-hierarchical leadership, but know how to provide support to teammates who are accustomed to hierarchical leadership styles.
- You understand that centering Black liberation means creating a world where everyone can thrive, regardless or race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, disability or ability, or other status.
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills; written and verbal fluency in Spanish, or another language, a plus.
- You have worked in a global and multicultural capacity across time zones and among diverse team
Essential functions and responsibilities
Create and implement operational plans for all facets of our communications ecosystem
Produce strong copy, or provide feedback to vendors and teammates to ensure the copy meets high-quality standards
Create, track, and direct the implementation of communications initiatives that successfully define and promote our mission and the work we do. This includes tracking the effectiveness of calls to action (e.g., booked appointments, survey completes, sales, click through rates, and social media analytics)
Interact with various parts of the business (operations, sales)
Engage with media, external partners, funding experts and other important stakeholders to educate, influence and drive interest in service of Black liberation and social justice.
Own the budget planning process for the Communications team, while sharing updates with other teammates
Willing to delegate responsibilities as they occur with the expansion and development of the position
Review our existing training to advise on changes to curriculum or copy that can help make materials become more clear or accessible
Write and speak effectively in a way that appeals to Black funding seekers, as well as funders of all racial and cultural backgrounds
Status: Salaried, Exempt Location: Washington State, Texas, or Maryland resident or Remote
To Apply: Visit our website at https://www.inclusivedatasolutions.com to apply. Please be prepared to send a resume and cover letter.
Inclusive Data is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Full-time