We're hiring Part-Time Graduate Research Assistants, Remote
Inclusive Data is dedicated to promoting economic and business development through innovative solutions and collaborations. As a by, for, with organization, we reflect the communities we serve while bringing together people, governments, nonprofits, and industry partners to build collective capacities for growth and success. We are focused on helping underfunded communities get the resources they need to thrive. While we serve many communities, our specialty is in the unique cultural and capacity expertise found in Black communities.
With a focus on research, outreach, technical assistance, capacity building, and fund development, we work tirelessly to provide high-quality services that support our client's goals and objectives. We believe in fostering an inclusive and collaborative environment that promotes growth and development for all, and we are committed to excellence, transparency, and impact in everything we do.
Join us in creating a brighter future for all, built by community, for community, and with community today.
We are looking for talented and motivated Graduate Research Assistants with a passion for PAR (Participatory Action Research) and Racial Equity to join our team!
We are seeking an innovative, motivated, and organized Graduate Research Assistant who has a strong interest in Participatory Action Research (PAR) and racial equity. The successful candidate will have experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and be able to assist in the design and implementation of PAR projects in collaboration with community partners.
Does this sound like you?
- You are committed to promoting social justice and racial equity, and eager to use your skills and expertise to make a positive impact on community
- You know your worth even though others have overlooked or underestimated you in the past
- You have a proven track record of being proactive, detail-orientated, and collaborative
- You are a team player who thrives best in a dynamic and supportive environment, and you don't like being micromanaged
- You want to give back to community while still being able to do what you need to take care of yourself, too
- Regardless of your own racial background, you believe in the importance of supporting people who have been harmed by racism and can articulate why aloud and in writing
- You are interested in leveraging your lived expertise towards creating racial equity
- You prefer non-hierarchical leadership, but know how to provide support to teammates who are accustomed to hierarchical leadership styles
- You understand that centering Black liberation means creating a world where everyone can thrive, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, disability or ability, or other status
- You are passionate about PAR and racial equity, and eager to use your research skills to make a positive impact on communities
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills and are able to effectively present research findings to both academic and community audiences
- You are someone who is passionate about creating positive change through research and community engagement
- You have a strong background in social sciences, specifically in areas related to racial equity and social justice
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver, able to develop innovative solutions to complex social issues
- You have a strong work ethic and attention to detail, able to produce high-quality research reports and presentations
- Written and verbal fluency in another language, a huge plus
Essential functions and responsibilities
Assist in the design and implementation of PAR projects in collaboration with community partners. This includes developing research questions, conducting literature reviews, and developing data collection and analysis plans.
Conduct data collection and analysis using qualitative and quantitative methods. This includes conducting interviews, focus groups, surveys, phone, text, email, and other data collection methods. The Graduate Research Assistant will also be responsible for cleaning, coding, analyzing, and data entry using appropriate software e.g. Excel, and simple databases like Airtable.
Write research reports, articles, and other documents for publication and dissemination. This includes preparing reports for community partners, writing articles for publication in academic journals, and creating presentations for conferences and other professional development opportunities.
Contribute to grant proposals and funding applications by writing sections of proposals, conducting literature reviews, and assisting with other aspects of the grant application process.
Participate in team meetings, presentations, and other professional development opportunities. This includes attending team meetings, presenting research findings to the team, and participating in workshops and conferences related to PAR and racial equity.
Depending on the needs of the research team, the Graduate Research Assistant may be asked to supervise undergraduate research assistants. This may include training and mentoring students, providing guidance on research methods and procedures, and reviewing and providing feedback on their work.
The Graduate Research Assistant may be asked to perform other duties as assigned by the research team. These duties may include conducting literature reviews, preparing materials for presentations, workshop facilitation, note-taking, and assisting with other administrative tasks as needed.
Exempt Location: Washington State or Remote
Strong preference for applicants who would be open to paid travel.
Employment Type: Part-time
This is a paid opportunity salary range $25 to $35 an hour.
International student status will not disqualify you from being considered.
Visit https://www.inclusivedatasolutions.com/pages/join-our-team navigate to the opportunity you're interested in, review the job posting then utilize the Videoask popup on the bottom right of the page to start your application.
Please be prepared to send a resume, cover letter, and any required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusive Data is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal-opportunity employer.
You must be a graduate student of any university in Washington State.
You must write up to a 250-word research abstract as part of your application.
Must have your own computer and reliable internet connection.
Only applicants who complete the Videoask application will be considered.